The origin of the Royal Victorian Aero Club lies in the foundation of the Australian Aero Club by two instructors and four army officers in 1914 at Point Cook.
Renamed the Victorian Aero Club in October 1934, six months later (on 13 March 1935) the club was granted approval to use the ‘Royal’ prefix. Since that date it has been known as the Royal Victorian Aero Club. Read more...
The Royal Historical Society of Victoria was formed in 1909 and is a community organisation committed to collecting, researching and sharing an understanding of the history of Victoria.
With the support of a large number of volunteers, the RHSV provides a full program of activities (e.g. lectures, seminars, excursions and exhibitions) for the benefit of members and the general public. The Society publishes a bi-monthly newsletter, a reviewed journal and books of historical interest.